Friday, February 8, 2008

Your life...in six words

The ever-entertaining Bryant PArk Project on NPR aired a segment on a new book out: Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six-Word Memoirs By Famous and Obscure Writers. The written comments that followed were so entertaining I may have to check out the book. But it got me to thinking, as I am sure you already are: what would mine be? Here's a few of the less embarrassing I came up with...

  • Plans in disarray... Laughter in heart
  • A bug's life is also mine
  • Contemplating life change: concubine or professor?
  • Love child. Bred on Mom's birthday
  • Seeking male scientist: 30's, affectionate, brilliant
  • Six years left, then artificial insemination

Try it. Eerily, a theme begins to emerge. At the very least, they're each fodder for a pretty decent post.

No comments: