Sunday, February 21, 2010

Alive, just barely

Ugh, graduate school. It's killing me. No one said it would be this difficult....then again, most of them didn't have such unusual circumstances. Long story short, my committee has dissolved in the past month, and I have hit the ground running to form a new one. With my data and remaining funding (through June) in tow, I have rapidly re-formed a new committee. Almost. A major professor is pending, and on that point I should know next week. A word to the naive: academic departments are important, make sure you belong to one. On campus committee members are key, make sure you have at least one in the same town. And major professors are good, 3-way co-advisors leave a lot of wiggle room. And married co-advisors? Just don't go there.

No comments: